• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals and a grass fire this week. Some maintenance was done along with some classes at other fire departments also attended.
• Adam and Jaurie Wells, along with Hollie Abernathy and kids, went on a road trip last week. They visited an awesome Dinosaur Museum in Kansas, fished in Idaho Springs, Colo., climbed a mountain in Utah, and drove through Nebrask, Wyoming and Iowa. While in Utah, they attended Young Living Convention with Stacie Hartzler.
• Congratulations to John Trussell and Jennifer Wright on their marriage June 6.
• Happy birthday to Carol Roth, Brandy Jones, Donna Woolery and Kathryn Brown, Melissa Woolery, Breana Burkhart, Julie Richter, Emma Wright, Casey Wilson, David Long, Lauren Michelle Wright, Hannah Whitehead, Aaron Krapes, Lisa Hochhalter, Mateo Gonzalez and Bryce Weaver.
• Happy anniversary to John and Mischaele Bearce, Clara and Fred Clickner, and Bill and Nancy Lawson.
• Happy Fourth of July to everyone. I wish you a very safe and happy day.
• Last year around this time, the congregation of West Line Christian Church decided to expand the building. They also decided not to take out a loan for the project. They would rely on donations of time and money. The project is near to completion. Thank you so much to everyone that has given of their time and money. The newest member of the church, Deanne Ackerman, was the winner of the Silver Dollar Tickets. Congratulations.
• The church is getting ready for VBS next week. It will be 6-8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, July 7-11. It’s a western theme. There also will be another dinner and movie night Saturday, July 26, $10 per couple or $8 per person. Childcare will be provided. We are updating the church directory so please fill in your information in the bulletin, call me or email me with your information.
• Richardson’s monthly dinner was June 29. There were around 15 guests attending. Very good food as usual.
• Congratulations to The Newkirk family on their new baby girl born June 16. Her name is Maddie and she has two big sisters. Her mom Hannah is one of the third grade teachers at Midway. The family live in Adrian.
• Happy Birthday: Kathy Smith 6th, Darla Brown 7th Derek Nelson 10th.
• Happy Anniversary: David and Danielle Carlson 9th.