In an effort to ensure that students living in the Harrisonville School District receive the education they deserve, the district will continue the Residency Verification program.
As part of a continuing effort to tighten Harrisonville Schools residency requirements, all families are asked to provide proof of residency each year as part of the enrollment process.
Residency can be verified with one of the following
• A current, original utility bill that is no more than 30 days old. The bill must be in the resident’s name and no final or disconnect notices will be accepted. Utility statements include gas, electric and water. Those items that will not be accepted are telephone, cable and other statements. Please make sure the utility statement includes your name and address.
• A rental/lease agreement including names of all occupants, dates of agreement and the name, address, phone number and signature of the landlord.
• A contract to build or purchase a home within the Harrisonville School District reflecting a possession or closing date within 90 calendar days of the first day of school attendance.
This year, the district will once again provide the opportunity for parents to verify residency electronically or in person prior to the Residency Verification dates. Parents may e-mail proof of residency to firstname.lastname@example.org or parents may bring residency papers to the Administrative Offices, 503 S. Lexington, from 7:30 a.m.-noon and 1-3:30 p.m. through July 30.
The district will continue to offer the Residency Verification events for families to present proof of residency. Those dates and times are as follows
• Thursday, July 31, 4-7 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 1, 8 a.m.-noon.
Representatives will be on hand in the Commons Area at Harrisonville High School, 1504 E. Elm, to accept proof of residency documents and answer questions. Parents are asked to enter through the Commons Area/gym doors at HHS.
The Residency Verification event also will provide parents and students an opportunity to complete all back-to-school business in one place. High school and middle school students can pickup schedules. High School students also will be able to purchase parking passes. Elementary students will receive their class placement letters at this time as well. The food service department, bus company and school nurses will be on hand to answer any questions.