By Mischaele Bearce
• This past week, the East Lynne Fire Department had several calls. A gas leak in a vacant house in town, a medical and a call to a structural fire in Creighton.
• John and I enjoyed going to a family Quinceanera Ceremony for Gabriella Sanders. She is the daughter of Chris and Stephanie Sanders. This was an awesome event to go to, lots of steps and planning went into having this ceremony. First was the Religious Ceremony, Dinner, Introduction of the Court of Honor, Presentation of the Quinceanera, then the Crowning of the Quinceanera, Quinceanera Waltz, Video Presentation, Changing of the Shoes, Father/Daughter Dance, Toast by Parents, Speech from Gabriella and then Gabriellas song performance. There were even Mariachis, Mexican band, there to play, and this is when the party really got loud and everyone truly enjoyed themselves.
• Linda Cox spent a week on Cape Cod with three friends she grew up with in Ballard Konna Shouse and Karla Merriam, from Ballard, and Connie Putnam, from the Woodlands, Texas. They enjoyed touring the Cape from Plymouth to Provincetown, while staying in historic Sandwich, Mass. They took a ferry ride from Hyannis to Nantucket, a bus tour, a Pedicab tour, Cape Cod Duckmobiles, and several lighthouses and musuems. It was a fun-filled week with old and new memories to be treasured by each of us.
• East Lynne cheerleaders will work Saturday, Aug. 2, at Sonic in Harrisonville. They will be there 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Please come out and support the East Lynne cheerleaders. This money goes for camps and supplies that the girls will need this next year.
By David Ullery
• There will be a kickoff and informational meeting for the Midway AWANAS group 5:30-8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at Jacob Carver Memorial Park in Freeman. There will be three age groups, which are Cubbies, two years prior to kindergarten; Sparks, grades kindergarten through second; and TNT, grades third through sixth. After those groups, students may transition into the A2J (Addicted to Jesus), Journey, Sons of Thunder, or other church youth groups in the community. For more information on the AWANAS program, call Candice Eckhoff at 816-899-2149. There will be other enrollment opportunities at later dates. It is anticipated that the groups will start meeting Sunday, Sept. 14.
• Congratulations to Ashley (Bailey) and David Vaughn on the birth of their son Devin on July 25.
• The Dolan-West Dolan Fire Protection District Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at Freeman Fire Station.
• The Freeman Presbyterian Church will have its monthly breakfast at 9 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3. The men of the church prepare the breakfast on the first Sunday of the month. Breakfast will be followed by Sunday School. There are two adult Sunday School classes and various youth classes. The Upper Room adult class is studying Philippians and the downstairs class has a discussion on the life and teachings of the Apostle Paul. There also is a Bible Study at 10 a.m. Wednesday mornings. Also, on Saturday, Aug. 9, there will be a work day at the church and lunch will be served.
• Tuesday, Aug. 5, is the primary election. There also are several constitutional amendments on the ballot. Be sure to exercise your right and duty to vote on Tuesday. Remember, if you dont vote, you have no reason to complain about the results.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had the second Movie Night. There werent as many that attended this time. Theres a lot of people on vacation right now. It was to raise money for the new building project. The next event coming up will be the Ice Cream Social in August. Its usually the last Sunday in August.
• Lori Brock, Jessica Kirby and Grace Kirby went to Venice, Fla., for a vacation. They rented a little house close to the beach. They sent us pictures on Facebook that were really cool. Venice is know as the capital of finding shark teeth. And I hear Grace was pretty good at it.
• Summer is coming to an end, the kids will be back to school soon. The new kindergartners are attending Jump Start. Its a program like summer school but for the ones just starting school.
• Happy Birthday: Lori Miles 2nd, Dylan Beshore 6th and Rex Carlson 7th.
• Happy Anniversary: Richard and Debbie Stukes 5th.